How has Obamacare (Afforable Health Care Act) personally effected you?

Good or Bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Afforable care act? What, is Obama gonna force our doctors to take a pay cut? Ya right..

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Funny though. Our premiums went up yearly prior to this fiasco of a bill. Our copays stayed the same. So in other words there was a increase in premium for the same. Just like a gallon of milk has gone up in price but it's still a gallon. Our insurance is covering less and we're paying more in premiums and copay. So we're paying more for less. It's not going to improve either. We have excellent coverage. One that might just fall under the description of a Cadillac plan. That would warrant a surcharge, fee, or tax. (whichever they are calling it today.) under this plan. That means that more than likely my husband's will be changing their plan. I thought the point of all this was to provide for those who didn't have, not screw over those who do.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 9:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Michigan Mom, the very thing that you are complaining about, Obamacare is attempting to change. Our health care system “rewards the quantity of care rather than the quality of care.” This perverse incentive leads to unnecessary and potentially harmful medicine, while also being a major contributor to spiraling health care costs. Physician payments need to be divorced from the volume of care.
    Under the Affordable health care a doctor will no longer get paid for sticking his head in a room.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Effective January 1, 2012

The new law provides incentives for physicians to join together to form “Accountable Care Organizations.” In these groups, doctors can better coordinate patient care and improve the quality, help prevent disease and illness, and reduce unnecessary hospital admissions. If Accountable Care Organizations provide high quality care and reduce costs to the health care system, they can keep some of the money that they have helped save.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Soprano, I thought the point of all this was to provide for those who didn't have, not screw over those who do.

The purpose of the affordable health care act is to provide a BETTER health care system that is less COSTLY for everyone. I should not be paying high costs for those who do not have health insurance. One day in the hospital should not cost $20,000, as it does now.
    The bill protects YOUR rights!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Paying Physicians Based on Value Not Volume
    Effective January 1, 2015

A new provision will tie physician payments to the quality of care they provide. Physicians will see their payments modified so that those who provide higher value care will receive higher payments than those who provide lower quality care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• OP...I am all for affordable health care. But what is the govt's idea of "affordable?" Some of our love to hate politicians thinks anyone who makes under $100,000 close to the poverty level. I think Romney said it all when he said he didn't care about the poor, we had a net. SO what will happen to the health care if he is elected? I also really do not like the fact if we HAVE TO HAVE health care. I am sorry, thats my main beef. Also, anon's post
    "Well for once I was actually approved for medicaid and I am assuming this is due to Obamacare, cause I was never approved before....." and " I have a 'spend down' of $725 a month!!!"
    Is the boat we may be all in soon, I am in it right now. Is this the govt's idea of having "affordable health care?" Oh god I hope not.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I humbly disagree, anon. If O-care is allowed to continue with the ever increasing CBO projections of the cost of implementation, none of us will be able to afford it. So, who will pay then? The gov't? I pay them enough. I would rather return to the day of no insurance just like it was when I was growing up and when my children were young. A doctor's visit cost $40 for my kids to have a well check-up. People had surgery and babies with no insurance, paid the bill, and didn't go broke. We went to the dentist and to the eye doctor without insurance. Get the cost back in line and dump ALL insurance.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Jesse, I agree with you. I would love to go back to no insurance companies, BUT THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Due to the large cost of health care, a one week hospital stay could easily cost you more than $100,000. Obama didn't cause that to happen, It was a slow, on going process that was brought on from managed care - insurance companies. There was a time you could pay off a hospital stay, now it's almost impossible without insurance. All those without insurance are passing the buck and increasing costs to you and me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Anonymous OP, I'd have a lot more respect for you if you weren't afraid to share your views and admit "who you are".

The fact that you anonymously call me stupid is, well that's just funny! Stupid is as stupid does, and just because somebody disagrees with you does not make them stupid. The name calling is unneccesary but if that's the level of maturity you have I can understand why you want the government to take care of you:)

This is going to be fun. Ok, you said, "If your sister is in a low income, she will be subsidzed. If not, DAMN, I'm sick and tired of people with NO health insurance, getting sick, hospitalized and can't pay."

Suppose my sister makes ONE DOLLAR over the low income guidelines, she will not be subsidized. Can she NOW afford the insurance? Nope.

Suppose she sees the beauty of making less money. Making the least amount of money, or none at all, then what do you get? A free ride!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2012