How has Obamacare (Afforable Health Care Act) personally effected you?

Good or Bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• This is why Obama's agenda encourages a welfare state/socialism. Why should she work her ass off, while everyone who doesn't is taken care of by the government?

Then you had this funny tidbit, "Lastly, you said, America had the best health care system???? What planet are you from? Try buying health care insurance with diabetes, heart condition, pulmonary problems or cancer. enough of your stupidity."

What I said was, BEFORE the government got involved. Before. Now that the gov. is involved, what do we have? A nightmare. So what do you want to do to "fix" the problem? MORE GOVERNMENT. Ya, we all see how well that has worked out so far. Your "nanny" will not take care of you. Prices go up, quality goes down, but don't worry. Big brother will take care of you! Big brother will decide your health issues.

As for myself, I don't need, or want a nanny. Nor do I want to support people who lay do.

Anon coward.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• DSamuels, You can't afford to use the ER? I'm sure if you are unfortunate enough to have severe chest pain, nausea, clammy hands and labored breathing you will quickly find out how fast you can afford your $200 co pay for the ER. By the way, that's what the ER is meant for...
    EMERGENCIES!

Yeah, if it came to a true emergency we'd probably have to use it and then find a way to come up with $1200, not $200. Hopefully they won't want the payment up front like some hospitals. We have 2 to go to, but they are the same hospital just 2 locations.

When our kids were young we didn't pay a penny for insurance and ER was no co-pay, no deductible. We've only had to pay some of our insurance for the past 5 years. Our premiums have gone from $50 a month to $300 a month. Deductible from $100 to $1000.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I cannot for the life of me understand why people are against the AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ACT. God the stupidity of people is just amazing.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people think the AFFORDABLE HEALTH CARE ACT will make insurance affordable. Everything the gov't gets involved with is more expensive and doesn't work as well. At the rate insurance rates are increasing, the savings we might see will probably have rates higher than when people couldn't afford them.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:45 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Anonymous OP, I'd have a lot more respect for you if you weren't afraid to share your views and admit "who you are".

The fact that you anonymously call me stupid is, well that's just funny! Stupid is as stupid does, and just because somebody disagrees with you does not make them stupid. The name calling is unneccesary but if that's the level of maturity you have I can understand why you want the government to take care of you:)

This is going to be fun. Ok, you said, "If your sister is in a low income, she will be subsidzed. If not, DAMN, I'm sick and tired of people with NO health insurance, getting sick, hospitalized and can't pay."

Suppose my sister makes ONE DOLLAR over the low income guidelines, she will not be subsidized. Can she NOW afford the insurance? Nope.

Suppose she sees the beauty of making less money. Making the least amount of money, or none at all, then what do you get? A free ride!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Jesse, I agree with you. I would love to go back to no insurance companies, BUT THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Due to the large cost of health care, a one week hospital stay could easily cost you more than $100,000. Obama didn't cause that to happen, It was a slow, on going process that was brought on from managed care - insurance companies. There was a time you could pay off a hospital stay, now it's almost impossible without insurance. All those without insurance are passing the buck and increasing costs to you and me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I humbly disagree, anon. If O-care is allowed to continue with the ever increasing CBO projections of the cost of implementation, none of us will be able to afford it. So, who will pay then? The gov't? I pay them enough. I would rather return to the day of no insurance just like it was when I was growing up and when my children were young. A doctor's visit cost $40 for my kids to have a well check-up. People had surgery and babies with no insurance, paid the bill, and didn't go broke. We went to the dentist and to the eye doctor without insurance. Get the cost back in line and dump ALL insurance.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• OP...I am all for affordable health care. But what is the govt's idea of "affordable?" Some of our love to hate politicians thinks anyone who makes under $100,000 close to the poverty level. I think Romney said it all when he said he didn't care about the poor, we had a net. SO what will happen to the health care if he is elected? I also really do not like the fact if we HAVE TO HAVE health care. I am sorry, thats my main beef. Also, anon's post
    "Well for once I was actually approved for medicaid and I am assuming this is due to Obamacare, cause I was never approved before....." and " I have a 'spend down' of $725 a month!!!"
    Is the boat we may be all in soon, I am in it right now. Is this the govt's idea of having "affordable health care?" Oh god I hope not.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:57 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Paying Physicians Based on Value Not Volume
    Effective January 1, 2015

A new provision will tie physician payments to the quality of care they provide. Physicians will see their payments modified so that those who provide higher value care will receive higher payments than those who provide lower quality care.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Soprano, I thought the point of all this was to provide for those who didn't have, not screw over those who do.

The purpose of the affordable health care act is to provide a BETTER health care system that is less COSTLY for everyone. I should not be paying high costs for those who do not have health insurance. One day in the hospital should not cost $20,000, as it does now.
    The bill protects YOUR rights!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Effective January 1, 2012

The new law provides incentives for physicians to join together to form “Accountable Care Organizations.” In these groups, doctors can better coordinate patient care and improve the quality, help prevent disease and illness, and reduce unnecessary hospital admissions. If Accountable Care Organizations provide high quality care and reduce costs to the health care system, they can keep some of the money that they have helped save.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2012