FSH

My doctor said I had a high FSH Level anyone have this or know about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes I have a high FSH level. To be honest I don't know the number. I have not had a period in almost a year and I am not pregnant. I finally had to go to a Reproductive Endocrinologist and he diagnosed me with premature ovarian inufficiency( early menopause) From what i understand people who have a high FSH thier brain has to work in overdrive for your ovaries to work and produce eggs which makes your levels higher. I was not producing any eggs at all. I don'[t want to scare you, becuse every person is different. I am jsut telling you about my situation. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions
    ktm786

Answer by ktm786 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I know there are varrying degrees of high, and also the level can fluctuate some from one cycle to the next. A little high may not be a huge problem, but it may make getting pregnant a little harder. Different doctors have different cut-offs for what they think is too high. If you had this test done at your OBs office, you should get a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist. The RE will know even more about this than your OB and should be able to tell you what options are available to you and how likely they are to work. My OB immediately jumped to premature ovarian failure, but my RE said I was not there yet. I was able to conceive using fertility drugs and iui. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2009