Infertile

I have fertility problems if it comes down to me being infertile i DONT KNOW WHAT IM GOING TO DO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you considered adoption? I have known people to adopt and they say they love their adopted children and bond with them just as much as their biological children.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There are SO many different options these days for women who have fertility problems. Do you know what your problem is?
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I know that feeeling. Not knowing drives you crazy, but the thought of finding out is scary. I put off going to the doctor for a long time because I was afraid of what I'd find out; my ob had mentioned premature ovarian failure more than once, so I was really afraid that was going to be the diagnosis. I knew using donor eggs (the usual way to deal w/ premature ovarian failure) was not something I was prepared to do, so I started exploring adoption and other options before I made an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist; I needed to know that no matter what the doctor told me I could deal with it. Throughout my testing and treatment I continued to research adoption because it helped me to be focussed on the next step.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• We did not end up adopting, but I knew I was ready to welcome the opportunity if my 3rd treatment failed. I know I would have grieved not being able to give my husband a child of his own, but I would have moved on. I believe adoption is a very special miracle too, and in some ways I feel I have missed out not experiencing it in my own family. My husband and I have discussed fostering when our babies are a little older, so maybe that is what was meant for us. Like the other posters said, there are many options available to you and no matter which one is right for you it will be a blessing even if it isn't what you have always imagined. Good luck to you.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009