how to keep my house clean?

I might sound stupid....but I am losing my mind between cleaning and kids and pets i just cant stay on top of it all it seems impossible please help me with advice or tips or something to keep things the way the should be!

TODDLERTROUBLE2

Asked by TODDLERTROUBLE2 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• stay organized from the get go. If your home is cluttered and everything doesn't already have a designated spot, you need to start there. Because when you then check the mail bills or things that need attention when you get a chance have a spot, kids toys and stuff that they usually have out on a daily basis have a tub right in the room they are usually in. Pick up as you go. But organization is key from what I noticed to keeping the house clean.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yes.... I used to do things after they went to bed.. but only the necessities. Otherwise, catch up a little at a time and remember:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow,

for babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow.

So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.

I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep!

(Ruth Hulburt Hamilton)
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 8:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• give in to the chaos. that's all the advice i have for you...
    Anonymous

• The best thing I have found is to use baby gates if your kids are still small. That way the mess is contained to one area.
    mbrheil

Answer by mbrheil at 10:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Don't expect things to be the same way as before kids. My idea of a "clean" house is much different now than it was before. If the toilet's clean...the dishes are done and there's not dog hair on the carpet in the room the kids are playing in...I'm good. In 18 years I'll have it my way again lol.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009