What are you thoughts on this?

I ran across this on FB ... I disagree with it but thought it might make for a good discussion. 

Definitions: 

1 a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions

(1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2): complete trust

: something that is believed especially with strong conviction;especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestantfaith>

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 12:19 PM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Religious Debate

• ^^^^this.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 1:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• this is my definition of the word faith: confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
    so I disagree.

Answer by older at 7:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• By the way, 200+ years ago faith was defined as the "assent of the mind to the truth." Sooooo which definition shall we take, the one created by those who have faith and "get it," or the one created by those who lack faith and don't "get it."
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:26 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• And the truth is the truth, no matter how unpleasent it may sound.

I find this statement ironic coming from you.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 3:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Sounds like a very bitter person wrote this. I disagree, and I'm not religious. [anng]
    That was my thought when I saw it.

I don't understand why some have come to believe that "faith" is ONLY about religion when it is not, which is why I attached the definitions. 

SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• I find this statement ironic coming from you. Answer by -Eilish-

Why?  Do you feel that I have NOT always been truthful with you?  No matter how unpleasent it may be to you?  Or are you just making a snarky comment without any proof to back it up?

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 6:58 PM on May. 4, 2012

• It takes faith to see!

Without faith... people wouldn't be able to see until they have faith to believe that this is true this is starting to make sense.

With faith though there is a reasonoing for absaloute of everything! it's those who don't have the power of faith in them that are blinded by the truth of what they are missing out because they can't see! Like Angels? Like the demons? Like the Ghosts and just like the show ghost hunters they aren't good spirits and they want to bring us down with them, stomp on us.

.if you could completely see, you wouldn't need faith. (and no one can completely see something that Faith 'sees'.) same with reasoning..there is no absolute for everything..some things are not definite, and are a bit gray or blurry. frankly, to insist on complete reason is, IMO, stupid..because ''The world is gray, Jack.'' ('Clear and Present Danger'..heehee.) Dullsissors!!!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:01 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• True. And the truth is the truth, no matter how unpleasent it may sound. Belief is not the same thing as faith. My belief that my car will start when I put in the key is not faith. It is an assumption made within the parameters of fact. My belief that the sun will rise in the morning is also not faith. Ditto. The belief that there is an invisible god-daddy in the sky who controls everything in our lives is faith and is based on something that is NOT within the parameters of fact.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:25 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Satan is after US! He looks for every little thing to hurt us, to manipulate us to get us to follow his path! He is a very tormented spirit!

God he is a Loving God but yet he can be a very jealous GOD! Because we are his people but yet we have satan to tempt us to doing wrong, sin, curse, and to follow HIM!

But for those who don't believe this would not make sense because you yet have to know the true meaning of FAITH!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:02 PM on Apr. 28, 2012