Possible power outages?

So, they are predicting this awful ice storm tonight where I am. Of course, hubby is out of town and I am about five miles away from town. They are talking about the power going out. It's just me and the dog. What are some ideas for dealing with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make sure you have candles, flashlights, LOTS and LOTS of blankets if you don't have a propane heater. Take a shower now if you need to, cook food now if you need to, make sure you have plenty of water and food that can be eaten without electricity. Also make sure the dog has plenty of water etc.. Get what you need from the fridge now, don't open it after the elctricity goes out that way the food doesn't go bad, same with the freezer. umm, i can't think of anything else, i'm sure theres more tho.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I am terrified of the dark so the first thing I do if there is a possibility of power outage is gather all the candles and flashlights. If you gather enough you can read a book or magazine.
    Anonymous

• Flashlights, candles, and things to read!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009