ADOPTION!!!

My boyfriend and I are looking to adopt...Hopefully a little girl!If anyone knows someone who is considering giving their baby up for adoption we would love to take that blessing from GOD into our home with open arms.SO please please please if anyone knows anything please contact me!!!hope to hear fom someone soon!!!!

TODDLERTROUBLE2

Asked by TODDLERTROUBLE2 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi my husband and I are looking to adopt as well. There are some great adoption groups here on CafeMom. Go to Find groups and search for Adoption. Good Luck on your adoption journey.
    ktm786

Answer by ktm786 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• As an adoptive mother, I would suggest that you actually do some research on adoption first.... there are more prospective parents than infants available. The problem with the US system is that most first moms could parent their children if they actually had the proper counselling. Unfortunately, a lot of prospective parents go into adoption with rose colored glasses and don't understand enough about the process and what the adoptees go through as well as the first moms.
    Domestic infant adoption can take years and should be done properly...not through posting randomly on CM...not trying to be harsh, but it is actually one reason why adoption in the US is so unethical and needs so much reform.
    Please do some research on attachment, bonding, grief, loss, and the triad of adoption..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i agree with mcginnisc. i would also research the laws concerning unwed couples adopting. i am not sure that both people can legally adopt a child if they are not married.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009