I've tried so many diets and none of them work, or maybe i am doing them wrong, whats the best way to get rid of fat. i need to lose like 40 lbs.

When i got pregnant i was 98 lbs when i gave birth i was 198....yeah! tell me about it! haha

Jayciezmommy

Asked by Jayciezmommy at 7:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• It's not easy to lose the baby weight. I know of something called enrgy that is supossed to help you lose weight if your interested let me know. The best thing to do is to watch what you eat and to exercise regulary.
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• The best way to loose weight is to combine exercise with proper nutrition. Dieting alone will never work because your body will adapt to your new lower caloric intake and you will plateau. Plus it is not realistic to stay on a low calorie diet indefinitely. Loosing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change. I would suggest finding an exercise program that you like (I am currently doing Turbo Jam - it also comes with nutritional guidance and peer support) and follow a sensible nutrition plan. Your exercise plan should combine cardio and resistance workouts. Your nutrition plan should include eating whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins. You should eat every 3 hours which will equate to approx. 5 small meals a day. You should look at your portions and make sure you are not exceeding your required caloric intake which you determine from your weight, height and activity level. You should also eat protein with every meal. Best of Luck to You!!
    mom4fitness

Answer by mom4fitness at 7:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I 've been preg 4 times in the last 3 1/2 yrs. gained over 70lbs with 1st after loosing 45 of that, gained 45lbs+ back with 3rd and after him did Farrells Extreme body shapping ( 5 days a week 45 min a day, everyother day cardio and strenght training) Lost about 35lbs and ALL the baby belly( all 9 inches?!!)in only 10weeks !!! Preg yet again and can't wait to go back after this baby comes!!
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Fad diets don't work. The best way is to watch your calorie intake by eating healthy, working out for the minimum of 30 min. a t least 5 days a week. When you work out you have to get your heart rate up... so if you are taking a walk it has to be power walking or something like that. If you have any question ask me.
    Coastiegirl96

Answer by Coastiegirl96 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

• weight watchers and curves is a great start. It's lo key and it show you a life style change NOT a diet and mixing it with exercise helps the inches fall off. I lost 40 # in 14 months. You don' t deprive yourself, your energy level is through the roof, and you find yourself getting alot of attention even if you don't look for it. You'll feel great about your accomplishments and as my bro in law told me, it is the hard way losing weight (he did surgery - he felt he cheated) but the best of luck to you. It takes determination, dedication and willingness. You have to be ready mentally to achieve your goal. When you know enough's enough you will succeed.
    crzybch

Answer by crzybch at 12:24 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I have a baby fat story too, and agree that fad diets don't work. Low glycemic eating does.... and I used a system called Perfect Body Shape which focuses on inches instead of pounds. I now weigh what I did when I got married 22 years and 12 babies ago. I can't say that my figure is exactly the same :) but eventually the flabby extra skin will tighten up. If you are interested in a system that has a 6 month money back guarantee, I can tell you more about Perfect Body Shape. I did it while nursing as it is basically nutritional support that helps you take the weight off. I actually am eating more when I eat low glycemically than I have ever eaten before in my life. My biggest challenge is to find time to eat 6 meals per day!
    luvmy12kids

Answer by luvmy12kids at 12:41 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I recommend the Zone Diet. It more of eating balanced than A diet. The books are everywhere and it doesn't restrict you from eating anything. It's about the right portions. It makes you feel good and not tired which in turn make you get up and move around and maybe even want to exercise! It worked for me. I did exercise too. My first I gained almost nothing but my second(I found out about my second when my first was 2 months old)--i gained almost 100 lbs. I'm now back down to my normal size and no belly fat!
    firewinky38

Answer by firewinky38 at 4:44 AM on Jul. 22, 2008

• I love the South Beach Diet. It's not so much a diet as it teaches you how to eat healthy. And it's got the yummiest recipes. There is a new book out called The South Beach Diet: Supercharged. This combines the eating healthy with an exercise plan. I strongly recommend this diet. It really works as long as you stick to it and continue to eat healthy.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2008

• Simply: Muscle burns fat, if you gain muscle where you want to loose, you will loose the fat. AND you MUST eat well, I eat all day long, smaller portions of GOOD foods. Nuts, yogurt, cereal, WHOLE grains only, pasta, fruit, veggies, and I still eat sweets moderately and drink a beer or two almost daily. BUT I don't eat ANYTHING deep fried or ANY fast food, you'd be surprised how good you feel just by not consuming those two things, they're SOLID fat. You'll feel better, your digestion will improve, and you'll have more energy. Good luck!
    Tirzah6

Answer by Tirzah6 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2008

• im losing weight right now PM me if u would like my plan. i use to weigh 146 and now im 230 and ive lost 9 pounds in one week without working out. it really works.
    BrittanySelf

Answer by BrittanySelf at 5:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2008