Can you cook as good as your mom?

Did you pay attention or were you forced to pay attention when she would cook and clean and stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I cook better than her, which isn't saying much:)

I'm glad she never taught me.
    Anonymous

• My mother actively taught us all to cook. She has a picture of me at 5 with a paring knife peeling potatoes..lol. Imagine doing that today?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:18 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I cook better than her :) She didn't cook much when I was a kid, my dad did a lot of it. I learned a lot from him, and a lot from my ex's mom.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I actually cook better thyan my mom and mother in law so my husband praises me for it lol, I love to cook and bake, I am not one for eating things out of a box so I make from scratch although some nights I won't lie I do get lazy
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My mom didn't want anybody in her kitchen, so I learned from cookbooks when I got married. Then a few years ago I started getting meals from a meal preparation place- you went and prepared meals from the recipes they had along with the food all chopped and ready to mix- all you had to do was to measure and wrap, then take the meals home and stock your freezer. I used them for two years until they closed last year. Meanwhile I got so spoiled by getting good food with no effort, that I lost any cooking skill that I had, and its as if I am learning to cook all over again, and not very well.

Answer by Bmat at 8:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• no my mom cooks better than me.. i never payed att to her when she cooked.... IM PAYIN FOR IT NOW lmfao
    Anonymous

• Mom says I am better than her
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My mom is a great cook, but so am I. I experiment more and cook more things, but she had to cook for a family of 7 so, I suppose experimenting wasn't much of an option.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i cook most things better than her, but i can NOT get her lasanga recipe right. she still one ups me on that. she never really taught me, i just asked for the recipes & have added things like spices to them. she never tried things for herself, just followed the recipe.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm a better cook than my mom. I've been cooking since I was about 8 yrs old. Before then, I was "helping" in the kitchen. It was when my mom went back to nursing school and I had to start helping make dinner for the family, and I'm 36 now, so that's a long time to be cooking ;-)

Also, it's kind of funny, because while there's a lot of stuff I think she makes better than me, but my mil tells me herself that she thinks I'm a better cook than she is (lol - though on the other hand, she gripes because whenever she comes to visit she ends up gaining about 5 lbs).

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 26, 2009