Moms that had boys before girls

I have to ask to see if I am the only one .......... but I am a mom of a 18 month old boy and a 26 day old girl, I was wondering for those other moms out there that had a a son before a daughter was the diaper changing a brand new learning process for you as well when your daughter came along? I mean here I had my son and so used to wiping him down and getting him changed and then my daughrter comes along and their is a whole new set of rules and guidelines LOL just wondering if I was alone in this or not

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 8:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• It was definately something for me to get use to. I had 2 boys before my daughter. It took probably a good 2 weeks to get use to all the creases.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 8:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It probably would have been, but I worked in daycare before I had kids of my own. lol

I had boy, girl and then another boy.
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It is not that much difference in diaper changing. You should always whip front to back on both. Both sexes are prone to yeast infections.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• exactly what I am talking about lunvmy3kid
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 8:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yes, but it goes the other way too.....When you are used to the girl first, the boy is a whole new thing as well. As women we are all a bit more used to the care of the girl parts.....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• lol I worked in a daycare also so it wasen't that new to me. However DH was a little clueless and wanted me to show him a few times how to wipe her! lol
    When I had my 3rd baby girl my sister was there and I asked her to change the baby. She had no clue! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• oh yeah! i had a 3 yr old boy and a 2 yr old boy when my dd was born. heed my warning: the worst differences are yet to come... good luck with the female, you're gonna need it!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 9:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yes it was!!! my son was a month shy of 4 when dd was born and man/!!! i'm jsut getting used to it and she's 2 months old
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Yea that was me to. My daughter caught an infection when she was very small because I had no clue what I was doing. Luckily I was informed because she could have experienced alot more.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009