What is a BUMP

I see a lot of responses saying that they BUMP............what does that mean?? I am pretty new here!!!

MarcRyan

Asked by MarcRyan at 8:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What A Great Question!! I wondered that too! Thank you for asking... Guessing.... That means when someone else takes or says what you meant to?? I'm only Guessing though! I can't wait to know for sure! Welcome Here! I hope this place does for you what you need it to!! LOL~!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:25 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• if someone asks a ? and u dont kno how to anwser u can say bump so they can atleast stay on the first few pages
    Anonymous

• Questions that get responses don't move down the list as quickly as those with no answers. If someone doesn't get the answers they want, or much advice, they will put a "bump" just so that an answer has been posted and keeping toward the top of the questions.

But I don't think it works that well for the Q+A boards, I think its more for groups posts and things.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm still confused.
    Anonymous

• people BUMP posts in groups. When a post is replied to, it moved to the top of the page.
    People reply by saying, "BUMP" because they have nothing to add to the post, but they wanted other people to see it.

A bump is typically a compliment! So congrats if you get them!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009