Are cats good to have around young kids??? I have heard they can give kids ringworms.

blkmom2

Asked by blkmom2 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• cats r fine.. kittens and puppies are more likey to carry ringworm.. if you see a bald spot on the fur some where be sure to take the pet to the vet to be treated for ring worm...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Any animal can carry ring worm. As long as you are taking your cat to the vet and doing regular worming you will be fine.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I sure hope not! We have 3 of them. It should be fine as long as they are healthy animals.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• We have a cat and he has been around both my kids since birth. I have had no problems. But I keep up with the cats shoots and we keep him strictly indoors. We don't allow the cat in the kids rooms at night.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Sorry Rosa I hate cats and think they are creepy lol so I say get them out of your house lol!!!
    RagJunkie

Answer by RagJunkie at 12:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2008