Bumpy red rash on two year old?

My daughter is 2. For the past week she has had a bumpy red rash down her leg. We have been giving her benadryl but that isn't working. I took her to the doctor and they said it wasn't a yeast infection or anything like that. Continue the benadryl and call her normal pediatrician on Monday. Any idea what is causing this rash. It doesnt have a circle like ringworm. Its literally like 20-30 little raised dots down her leg they are worse by her diaper line.

Emmasmom210

Asked by Emmasmom210 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dry skin?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:36 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• my son's eczema looks kind of like what you described. do you use luvs or pampers? those diapers make his eczema by his butt on on his back worse b/c they're scented
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• I use the pure and natural huggies. As for dry skin I dont think so she has never had this before and we have used the same soaps lotions and detergents for the past two years. Would the Eczema go all the way down just one leg and no where else on her body. Its only on her right leg starting at her diaper line to her ankle.
    Emmasmom210

Comment by Emmasmom210 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• eczema isn't predictable. my son has is worse on the backs of his arms and on one side by his butt, the other places he has (on his ribs and lower legs, and cheeks) isn't that noticable. try a cortisone cream and see if that helps. i'm not diagnosing your baby, just wonouldn't hurt to try a cream, see if it clears it up.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• It sounds like eczema. Eliminate dairy; keep baths short and infrequent; put unrefined coconut oil on the afflicted areas

Answer by rkoloms at 7:18 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Thanks for the advice. She already doesn't eat or drink dairy because of food allergies so that's an easy one for us. I'll go get some cortisone cream or coconut oil and see if that helps. Thanks!
    Emmasmom210

Comment by Emmasmom210 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• i bathe my son every day, sometimes more than once and he drinks alot of milk, i keep his eczema under controll with the cortisone cream, actually cortisone 10 makes a great lotion for eczema
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 30, 2012