What can you do? (Nothing)

I just found out that my dh is just about done with CS but awhile back we did get behind therefore we still owe back CS but thumbing thru papers I ran into this document stating that my dh has been paying so much a month and such and such date so technically he's over paid CS but he just wants to be done with the ex not his teens. Anyway the ex thinks he will be owning a bookus of money but she will be getting a notice from the courts with this document we found (that she singed and dated way back when) so she wont be getting anymore CS once their youngest turns 18.
Shit is going to hit the fan bc she thought my dh will never finish but thanks to that letter she screwed herself. (the kids were never without)

No bashing I'm just telling it like it is going to be...ugh!

But I'd love to hear your thoughts. What would you do if you wherein her shoes? I'd be like damn no more CS :(
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I am happy for you n your hubby. Sounds like the ex may take child support as her own life support, and if that's the case, then, yeah, she won't be happy. Other than that, I know child support is a touchy issue when you don't know the full extent of the true real life story of both sides. Glad to know your man wasn't a dead beat dad. And is his kids or responsibility going to end there. At 18? or is he still involved with in his child's life? College or getting started as a young adult still need parental guidance or financial support.
    808tiare

Answer by 808tiare at 7:16 AM on May. 5, 2012

• Are you saying he's been paying more a month than he was ordered to pay? And you are thinking that because of that he isn't responsible for the arrears? I don't think it works that way.

What would I do if I was the ex who wouldn't be getting child support anymore? Nothing. Since child support is for the child and now the child is18 I wouldn't need it. The child should be working part time and helping out if he is still living at home.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:27 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• so what does this document say?
    Was he ordered to pay what is in this document or is it something the 2 of them did on their own?
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:48 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• It says he's paid 1500.00 a month for 4 years. So 5 yrs. ago got behind and been catching up since. We took it to a lawyer and he said....Don't lose this document but continue to pay until the child is 18 then stop.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Does it say in the papers that he can stop at 18?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• How much is he going to get away with not paying? In other words, how much in arrears will he still, theoretically, owe after the child turns 18?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:33 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Sounds like you ladies dont like the idea hes getting scott free believe me hes held up his end of the deal unlike her.
    I believe you are just guessing we already talked to a lawyer and that's that.
    All I know she is going to be pissed when she gets her last check....
    Thanks anyway....things just get so twisted here on CM... geesh!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Things aren't twisted. He owes money, you know he owes money, he knows he owes money and you're gloating over the fact that he's not going to have to pay it.

Way to set a good example.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 7:45 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• Has his over payment that he's been paying make up from being behind? I'm sure she won't get any more money, but he'll have to make sure the payments he missed are still paid.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• OK HE OWES!!!!.... but he is current with his CS support.
    Last check next month.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Apr. 28, 2012