Do these actions mean anything?

My husband & I recently noticed his son (4 years old) has started humming. He'll do this while watching TV and/or eating. And he has an extreme reaction to discipline (time out). He repeats over & over that he's in trouble, then he'll go sit in the corner (even though we tell him to just sit in the hallway). After we tell him he can get up he'll get right back in the corner & start saying again that he's in trouble. He also holds his right ear when eating or watching TV (although not so much now that he's started humming. From what I've read these few things don't fit anything. Could it possibly just be "him"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it might just be him. i say you talk to your doc and see what he thinks.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• autism?
    Anonymous

• hmm id call your dr and see. i hummed when i was little, but just when i was eating
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My dd has mild autistic tendancies and that sounds a bit like some autistic tendancies to me.

Dont freak out mom, just talk to your dr. My dd is just fine so dont be upset that I typed this.
    Anonymous

• i had some tendencies as a child that i eventually grew out of, but they included humming, whistling, biting my lip and hands when I was stressed or distracted, tapping on things with my fingers, etc. It might just be his own special quirks, but if he is doing these things in a way that makes you concerned, I would mention it at your next ped. appointment.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 9:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009