What is high fertility and ovulating ?

I have the 'my days' app to track my periods etc. What is the difference of high fertility, having about 5 days, & ovulating which is just one day.

Please break this down for me. :) thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm no expert, just a woman so someone please correct me if I'm wrong but...
    Ovulation is when the egg leaves the ovary and begins it's decent down the fallopian tube. You ovulate one day per month/cycle. But you have high fertility for 5 days because that egg that left the fallopian tube can be fertilized from the time it leaves the ovary unil it gets to the uterus, which takes, I guess, about a week.
    Make sense?
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:36 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• But fertility is before ovulation
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Theoretically, sperm can survive inside a woman for up to 5 days before they all die. Your "high fertility" days are the days leading up to ovulation, because, for example, if you have sex three days before you ovulate, those sperm will still be able to fertilize the egg when you ovulate.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2012