42 weeks

i'll be 42 weeks tomarrow, the doc wants and wait untill next monday to induce me because he dont want to come to the hospital over the weekend. i really want to be induced now . im husband works all week long till midnight and cant take any days off work. and i realy want him to be there when the baby is born this is our frist one. so the bext time would be over the weekend. i go to the doc tomorrow. ieve had so much pain that it hurts to eat,sleep or walk. ieve tryed everything to make thing baby come. walk, clean, sex.. does any one know what i could say to my doc to get him to listen to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He is letting you go past 42 weeks??? That is not good, even waiting until the weekend is not good. You should be induced as soon as you hit 42 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Anon, what is your answer based on? A healthy pregnancy can go 45 weeks and be fine. TEchinically, you aren't even "overdue" untill 42 weeks one day. 40 weeks is just an estimate. 37-42 is AVERAGE gestational period for humans. AVERAGE. How many of us fit into the AVERAGE?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Stress to him that you can NOT sleep or eat. Let him know how much pain you are in. If he asks if you can manage the pain, don't be polite and say yes, tell him NO. Tell him that you want the baby out NOW. Demand a decent reason why he can not admit you early Wednesday morning and induce you then. Not wanting to come to the hospital over the weekend is not a decent reason.

I'll keep hoping you go into labor all on your own before your appointment! Good luck!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• anon, your answer is false.

42 weeks is not overdue, it's full term. you aren't overdue until after 42 weeks. Have you tried sex and lots of walking? a medical induction could be really risky and your doctor shouldn't do it unless there is a medical reason. comfort isn't a medical reason. :)

you'll be done soon.. go to the mall for a long walk. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Try sitting yourself into a hottub, everything below your waist. That may help the baby come faster, it did for me :)

Tell your doctor that its what you want. Its YOUR body and YOUR baby, the doctor has to listen to you.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 8:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Most states will induce at 42 weeks because the risk to both mother and baby increase severely after that. It is dangerous to go that far. Do a simple internet search and see what you find, but hey what the hell do I know I'm just a nurse with a midwife as a sister.
    Anonymous

• placentas start dying after about 42 weeks, not everyones but some do. (they do have an expiration date, they dont last forever)
    Anonymous

• They let me go to 42 weeks and the placenta was already deteriorating, we almost lost my daughter.
    Anonymous

• Don't get induced!!! There are so many risks. As long as you and your baby are fine just wait... you'll be thankful in the end. I've known moms to go to 44 weeks, even 45 weeks and deliever beautiful healthy babies. As long as you are eating right and excercising and there are no medical problems you should be fine and there should be no need for an induction.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Go into the ER, L&D tonight and complain of all the pain..... exaggerate if you have to. ;o) They will most likely just keep you and induce you. They did with me! I know it sounds silly but after 42 weeks things start to get risky. I lost a baby at only 29 weeks but I know 3 others who were 41 + weeks and had complications b/c they were overdue. Just go in! Besides, maybe the nurse will induce you and get a good doctor in there to judge it. It sounds like yours is being selfish and not concerned with the baby!
    Anonymous