Is this true?

If you have thinning hair and you sit there and massage your scalp until you feel tingly after a while you can have more hair. That is what I read.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well it increases the blood flow to your head in return making your hair healthier, I don't see why it wouldn't work a little bit, but I don't see it as a full solution to hair loss.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I don't know if that works or not but I saw something on tv the other day that said that thinning hair was caused by using shampoos with sulfates in them. The person suggested using only sulfate free shampoos. I looked online about it and it said basically the same thing. I'm switching as soon as I can, just to try it to see if it works.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• There are different causes of thinning hair. If it is due to DHT production then you want to block the DHT to stop the hair loss. To encourage new hair growth you need to increase circulation.
    My husband has been looking at options for years.
    He has recently switched to a new shampoo and conditioner without sulfates and also uses a natural and safe product to promote new hair growth. The products can be used on men or women. To learn more about the products visit http://www.arbonne.com/products/not-so-basic/hair/shampoo.asp

If you would like to save 35% off retail prices, you can sign up as a Consultant for just $29 until January 31st, with no monthly quotas. It's just $15 on each anniversary to continue to save. The rules change Feb 1st so don't miss out.

http://www.try.myarbonne.com
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If you do massage your scalp while shampooing I just wanted to make sure you use your finger tips and not your nails. If you use your nails you'll increase the oils in your hair and it'll look dirty/oily faster, using your finger tips won't cause this!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2009