What are you going to do with your income tax refund?

We are getting enough to pay off some bills, go overnight to the Great Wolf Lodge, put some into savings, buy some new clothes, and go out for a nice afternoon as a family. I am excited! If you are getting a refund, what are your plans with it? Fun or bills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• Havent got ours yet either, but we are going to pay alot of our bills and our house tax, by our kids some clothes and some new shoes, also buy things that we need for our house, and put as much away as we can, cuz my SO got cut on his hours real bad so we are puttin it away incase we get in a bind and he doesnt have enough to cover the rest of the bills at the time. The oil field needs to pick up a little more if not then some of the guys are going to end up gettin laid off. So yea as you can tell he works in the oil field as a Mechanic. Even though i hate high gas prices i just wish it would pick up a bit more so that they can give his regular hours back. UGGHHHH. Well to me its not going to be that much fun, but gotta do what we gotta do. LOL
    mybabe22

Answer by mybabe22 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• well we haveent filed yet but i'm pretty sure were gonna get some back.. were paying off some bills. moving from cali to reno and putting the car in shop and thats about it! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Bill and to move. Hopefully we can pay at lest half of the credit card bill.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Haven't filed yet, hopefully soon :) If we get a good refund ( couple thousand or more ), we will pay off some or all of my car, pay for roof repairs, renew our home warranty, and then the rest is up in the air if we have anything left. Trying to take care of things and eliminate some debt!
    Silvia1011

Answer by Silvia1011 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Paying off debt!
    Anonymous

• We have to pay the property taxes & house insurance. The rest will be put away ---- beginning of our new house down payment fund. Actually, it should give us about 2/3 of what we need. We're hoping to be moved in by summer.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Put in bank for summer
    samandcj

Answer by samandcj at 9:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I'm putting $800 to pay off my last debt (aside from my car) and probably using about $1000 to buy a new TV. That will leave me $1000 i'll probably throw at the balance on my car.
    Anonymous

• bills and then we are planning on building a new porch and putting up a fence
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• We will be putting some of it towards our credit card debt, and the rest will be spent to finish our home repairs. We are hoping to get the house on the market by Spring 2010. (It seems so far away!!) Maybe put a little aside in case we fall on hard times or need some emergency cash, and go out for a nice dinner, just DH and I for a change!

NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009