What does it mean when a guy says "I think we should take it slow"

Yesterday my boyfriend told me "I think we should take it slow". Ladies can you please tell me what you think that means.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• What taking it slow means is I want full benefits from you but don't expect jack from me! Take this advise tell him you know I was thinking about what you said about taking it slow so either speed it up or no sex. If he moves on celebrate you deserve someone that doesn't try to be such a mind game master. Ditch the BF find someone else!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• it means that he doesn't want to get too serious. means marriage is not in his immediate future.
    Anonymous

• men don't "take it slow" move on!
    Anonymous

• It means he has another option and is waiting to see if the other girl takes his bait too.
    samandcj

Answer by samandcj at 9:06 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• it means it's going "too fast". getting too serious.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 9:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You may be getting too serious on him too quickly, and he isnt ready for that. Or, unfortunately, he isnt that into you. Just back off a bit - if he wants you he will be back....
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It means hes afraid of a long erm relationship and someone else has sparked his interest so he tells you he wants to take it slow so he can weigh his options.Its all crap move on!
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ALL ABOVE SWEETIE, SOMEONE CAUGHT HIS EYE AND HE WANTS HER ITS AN EASIER WAY TO TELL YOU HE DOESN'T WANT TO DATE YOU ANYMORE..
    Anonymous

• I don't mean to sound like a bitch but sometimes it can mean he is just not that into you or you are a back burner babe...meaning he is keeping his options open for someone else.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:13 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It means move on
    Anonymous