Can a bladder infection mess up a preg test? adult content

so i took a test a week ago an it was a very faint line.I got anther one today to see if the line got darker.Well there was not even a faint line.I noticed my pee was very dirty and had a very strong smell to it.Iv been very sick to my stomach for about 3 weeks,im very moody/i can cry about anything.So i dont think the first test was wrong but idk.i know i had a really bad bladder infection with my first born,we didnt find out til i was 8 weeks with her and that was even going to the er.so idk if the infection hides the hcg lvls or what!Help please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Did you use first morning urine each time? I've never heard of an infection causing a problem with a pregnancy test.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:40 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• no,the first one was around noon and the one i took today was about 5 or 6 pm.I would only be like 4/5 weeks and im buying the really cheap test.maybe i need to buy a more expansive one?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Apr. 28, 2012

• the tests at the doctors are the simple cheap ones. they probably cost under $5. i payed $1 at dollar tree for my pregnancy test back in october & guess what? i'm 33 weeks pregnant now. maybe you took the test wrong? idk why you need to take more than 3 to figure out if you're pregnant, if you got the 2nd line on the 1st 2 tests then you're probably pregnant
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• i took a few cause i havnt missed a period yet,so i wanted to be sure.iv just been sick to my stomach for two weeks now and moody.nothing else would explain the other then being preg.so the first one was there just hard to see,the second was alil darker but not much,i took a 3rd to see if it was dark and there was nothing.iv been buying the 88 cent ones from walmart. my first daughter i was 8 weeks before a pret test said yes,my youngest i was 6 weeks.and i dont think im doing it wrong i put three drops on it and let it sit for 3 mins
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Apr. 29, 2012