NOT EATING

My 2 years old daughter is not eating well. she always had a problem with eating. the doctor gave her vitamins. she eats like 2 spoons of food for breakfast lunch and dinner. i dont seem to get her to eat. what can i do ? i try giving her variety of food but she doesnt like any.

hmomr

Asked by hmomr at 9:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i had that same problem with my son, but he just outgrew it and now he eats everything! i'm not to sure.. hmmm.. i'm sorry!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• How much does she drink during the day?? IF she drinks alot of fluids then she will not be hungry. Slack off on her fluid intake and her appetite will increase. If you are worried about how much food she is getting take some Chicken Noodle soup and Puree it in the blender and put it in a sippy cup with a straw. My daughter loves that. Vitamins, Carnation drinks, yogurt, smoothies, etc. Good luck.
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 10:27 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My SIL gave us the best advice. Get an ice tray and fill it with healthy snacks (nuts, dried fruit, carotes, fresh fruit, etc) and leave out where she plays. We started chopping her meals up and putting them in ice trays too (noodles with a little sauce, sandwiches, eggs, etc). Since we started doing this DD really tries to feed herself even when we give her a plate with a spoon/fork. I think it is all about being entertained while eating for her.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2009