Has anyone tried nutrasystems, jenny craig, weight watchers or slimfast plans?

I need to lost 20 pounds and I am looking into getting the total gym so I can work out when I have my son. I only have 1 to 2 days a week to get to work out unless I do it at home when I have my son so I felt buying the total gym would be perfect. Anyway, I'm a terrible eater and was thinking that if I have someone plan foods for me and ship it to me (nutrasystems or jenny craig) It would make losing weight a little easier. Any suggestions?

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Stick with weight Watchers. It's a lot cheaper and you lose weight. It works too.
    Nutri system does too so if you have the $ for it go for it!
    Anonymous

• my parents drank slimfast everyday and they started losing weight. Not sure how long it took though. GL!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Read the book "Skinny Bitch"
    KiaiMomma

Answer by KiaiMomma at 9:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Weight Watchers is the best! I lost all my baby weight plus some following their system. It's not a diet either. It's a complete lifestyle change that teaches you to eat smaller portions and make healthier choices. I plan to get on it again once I have my second child in July.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I have tired them all and WW is the easiest to follow in the long run. Jenny's food is expensive and I don't think it tastes all that well. Nutrisystem does have some good food choices but again, it could run you close to $300 per month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Oh dear I have tried them all.. And I gained the weight back each time and some ..Finally I found the answer....... Portions.. is the answer . Get a very small plate to put your food on and never go back for seconds.. Try and walk a little each day.. I lost 40 pounds and it never came back on.. Oh and when I see something I would love to have like Chocolate cake.. I take one bite and it takes care of me.. So I know I can always have what I want .. Blessings to you..
    momstears

Answer by momstears at 2:35 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I say weight watchers. It taught me the most. It is the cheapest but you get lots of support and lessons on healthier eating.
    Artillwife01

Answer by Artillwife01 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• thank you everyone for your answers. I think I'm going to try weight watcher's for the month. I'm starting to eat more veggies and better foods but not sure if I'm getting enough of what i need to lose weight. I think If I'm pointed in the right direction I'll be able to continue with that. I like that you can buy weight watchers foods too in the grocery store so I can eat anything I want as long as I stay within the points. It will also let me know what food fill me up so I'm not hungry all the time and so I won't snack all the time. Thanks
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Can someone explain to me how weight watchers works? I've looked at the website and it doesn't really explain what you get for the money you pay each week/month. I don't think I would ever go to the meetings I just want to follow the program. Do you get the books and point stuff with your membership or do you have to buy that stuff seperate? I'm wondering if its worth it to join or if I should just buy the set from amazon that has the books and counters, etc.
    3lilmonsters411

Answer by 3lilmonsters411 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2010