a new baby is 2008 and tax returns

Does anyone know if you had a baby in 2008 and didnt get the stimulous check for that baby if you could get it at tax time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• you wont get it at tax time:(
    Anonymous

• Go to the IRS website: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=186065,00.html

Yes, you can qualify to get your rebate if you had a child in 2008 after the rebates were sent out.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I already filed my taxes and will be receiving a stimulus for my daughter born in 08. It will be added as part of your return.
    KiaiMomma

Answer by KiaiMomma at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You are supposed to get the "recovery rebate" but if you go to a paid preparer and take a refund loan, you won't receive that money with the loan. The IRS is sending checks with the additional rebate in the form of a check, which will come weeks later.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2009