Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a new baby is 2008 and tax returns

Does anyone know if you had a baby in 2008 and didnt get the stimulous check for that baby if you could get it at tax time?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • you wont get it at tax time:(

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • Go to the IRS website:,,id=186065,00.html

    Yes, you can qualify to get your rebate if you had a child in 2008 after the rebates were sent out.

    Answer by boizmom at 9:17 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • I already filed my taxes and will be receiving a stimulus for my daughter born in 08. It will be added as part of your return.

    Answer by KiaiMomma at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

  • You are supposed to get the "recovery rebate" but if you go to a paid preparer and take a refund loan, you won't receive that money with the loan. The IRS is sending checks with the additional rebate in the form of a check, which will come weeks later.

    Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.