i have severe back pain the shoots down my right hip. Does ne one know how i can get this to calm down? It can hurt so bad to where i dont want to walk. And it hurts to lay down at night.

I cant sleep due to this. and i cant stay off my feet i watch kids during the day as well as my own toddler and my husband just had surgery and cant walk for a month. I just want to know if there is anything i can do to help take the pain to a lower level.

marquismommie

Asked by marquismommie at 9:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There are support "belts" that the Dr can prescribe for you to help relieve some of the stress if that is what is causing some of your issues. I had one and it just seemed to help hold up my belly some.

Maybe try a chiropractor....they know how to work on pregnant women and they really realieve stress and pain. CHECK with your DR first though!
    Anonymous

• its pry your sciatic (sp?) nerve. i had the problem even before i was preg. i was always told to roll up a towel and lay on it w/ it under the small of your back and just lay flat that way for like 20 min
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sounds like sciatica, or sciatic nerve. A lot of pregnant women go through it.

http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/preg_sciatica.htm

http://www.pregnancy.org/article/sciatic-nerve-pain
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Could be your sciatica nerve. Usually it shoots down one side like that. Try a warm rice sock ( old sock filled with dry rice, heat in microwave) on your back if you don't have a heating pad. For the leg pain when you lay down at night put a pillow between your legs. If you lay on your back put a pillow behind your knees, slightly bent.

I am not sure if tylenol would work or not, but it is safe in pregnancy.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:21 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Thats tough because I had the same thing. And not being able to stay off your feet probably does not help. When I asked my OB about it she suggested a chiroprator but I never ended up going. I know some women who did and said it worked. I also used heating pads and it helped a bit. OB also said I could take tylenol but I dont know what point you are at in your pregnancy.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:22 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• With my first kiddo I had that in addition to having had a back surgery earlier the year before...I alternated heat and ice. Ice helped a lot to reduce inflamation...I even took ice packs to the hospital when I went into labor.
    lovinmymason

Answer by lovinmymason at 12:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• thank you to all who answered!!!
    marquismommie

Answer by marquismommie at 10:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• If the pain is already hard to bear, it is best to consult your doctor to avoid any kind of complications. Pinnacle Recall

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 2:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2012