CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

My husband is an accountant. He has been applying for all kinds of jobs in and out of his field! He keeps getting turned away for being over qualified! Don't these people realize,he just needs to make money!!! He has told them that he is a family man and just needs to work! I am going to try to get another job today! This will be my third! I am already working 2! We are getting assistance from welfare but,it is not enough! Does anybody know of any company that will not turn away a person because he is over qualified! On top of everything else my hubby is diabetic and is out of his meds and I don't get paid till Tuesday!!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 10:39 AM on Apr. 29, 2012 in Money & Work

• Has he tried going down to the local state employment agency? They can help him write a resume and match him with jobs he is qualified for. As for the medication have you tried going to an urgent care clinic or er and explaining the situation often they will give a small supply of medications that you could pay off?
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• how bad is his diabetes? if he could get on social security they have lovely internal job matching programs

think outside the box on employment. his resume should be everywhere in town since you never know where they might need him. the bank. the community college. the credit union. the hospital. etc.

try OVER reaching, applying for more things he is under qualified for..... and never stop, never give up.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:47 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I have no money at all!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Do you have any call centers in your area?
    They will hire anybody because they have a very rapid turn over rate.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:48 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Thanks for the idea!!
    dancer

• Call centers? Not that I know of. I'll have him check it out.
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• amanda - the er or urgent care (if you're lucky!) will simply send you to a pharmacy with a prescription which they already have. free clinics (although they are NOT free, just sliding scale) will, however, usually have an in house stash of meds.

make sure u aren't over paying. metformin, etc is $4 general at walmart
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• My husband has been in the same postion for over a year. He needs to look on craigslist to find odd jobs while he is looking in his field. Look under gigs and jobs. And eventually he needs to look outside his field.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 10:50 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• It is rough out there!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• oops I said $4 general. I meant $4 generic
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:53 AM on Apr. 29, 2012