Would you go on a trip with your bestfriend without the hubby and kids for two nights if you could?

I have a chance to have a girl vacation with my bestfriend for two nights w/out hubby and kids. I first I was all set. But now I'm like..."I can't leave my babies". So, should I go or stay home? My husband is all for me going. My kids are 1 and 4. Oh and my husband will be fine when I'm gone. He's superdad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• heck yeah!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would have already left!!! LOL!!!!................... Damn woman, what are you waiting for.....GOOOOOOO!!!!! lol
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would go, my daughter is 2 and her and hubby would be alright. I am sure your kiddos will be fine, have fun hehe :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:37 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I would. Every mom most def. needs some time to get out! Our hubbys need some more credit I'm sure they can do more than we let.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY!!! Go! Have a great time!

i left my first with my parents and joined DH in NY for 4 days when DS was 9 months old. It was so hard to leave, but he had a great time with his grandparents and everyone did just fine. The next time I left him he was 17 months and that was for 10 days, again my parents stepped in.

The first time I left him with DH was when he was 2.

It's so healing to have some "me time" You'll miss them like crazy, but it will be good for all of you. They'll get quality time with Dad and he will appreciate all the work you do even more when you get back.

Have a great time!

Andrea
    CityMommy
    http://CentralCoast.CityMommy.com
    AndreaCM

Answer by AndreaCM at 9:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I did it and it was great! I understand your hesitation, but you have to realize that taking a couple of days for yourself does not make you a bad mother. You are leaving them with the other person who loves them more than life, they'll be fine! A relaxed mommy is a happy mommy and when mommy is happy.............everybody is happy!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 9:48 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Oh' hell yes! Hehe, my children and husband are all wonderful and I'd miss em' sure, but it'd be nice to get together with my best friend I rarely get to see and escape home stress with a girls time out.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• heck ya go!! you will really enjoy yourself dont worry im sure hubby will take good care of the babies!!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 9:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Hell Yeah! My husband would actually push for me to. He knows that I need a break from time to time, and we have a trust in one another that we each know, we wouldn't do anything. I love my husband, and my husband loves me. And my son, well, nothing will stop me from loving him.
    ForeverInLove

Answer by ForeverInLove at 10:02 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My friend and I went to California for 5 days last year :) At the time, my kids were 1, 3, and 4. My husband did a great job with taking care of the kids...but he didn't handle me being gone so well. He doesn't sleep well knowing I'm not home...he worries a lot.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009