How do you go about doing photography?

How do you go about doing this? Do you have to go to school? I use to take my first 2 kids to get their pics done, but then after having our 3rd I took her at 2 weeks, but then after that I have done them people actually think I took her until I tell them I do them myself. They tell me that I should go to school for it. So has me thinking. Do you really go to school for that? How do I go about it? Is it college or id there and actual school you go to for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Apr. 29, 2012 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My school (School of Visual Arts) had photography as a major with a 4 year degree. But if you just enjoy doing it and want to try it, maybe try it out on family members first. Get a set of prices down with a professional looking logo. I would think when people ask you about your photos, that's a good time to tell them you are the photographer. Let it spread by word of mouth. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:19 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Find a local photography class offered through the community colleges.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:04 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• ya mompam

I was showing my neighbor pics that I did and they couldn't believe that I took them myself. They have a 2 year old girl and 4 month old son and they told me they should have me take their pics lol. All I did was took the pics I had on my wall off and used the nails to keep up the sheet I put down and over the freezer and sat my dd on the freezer and started shooting lol. I also used things as props like hats, glasses, toys, and baskets things like that lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• It helps to go to school to get more experience. You will find out what other angles and effects you can do with a camera. If you want a logo, I'd make a Craigslist inquiry to see if you can find someone to create one for you. Vista Print can make up carda for cheap and so do many other companies, you just gotta do your research.

Good luck to ya!
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I take photographs for my blogs and I would say 1 out of 10 pictures are posted from the hundreds that I take.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:08 PM on May. 7, 2012