U/C & U/P Moms....

Why did you have a U/C or U/P?
I've had 2 U/C with one U/P and I was just wondering why other moms choose this for them.
=)

NoahsMomma418

Asked by NoahsMomma418 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sorry, but what is U/C & U/P?
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Because I trust that my body was designed to make and birth a baby. This is why I UC and have a UP. Who knows my body better than me? I think the human body was designed to birth alone, just herself, her baby, and God. I choose to UC because I think that MEDwifes and OBs cause more harm and hinder the birth process more than the mainstream community is lead to believe. I UC because I love myself and my kids.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• UC= unassisted childbirth UP=unassisted pregnancy
    navy-wife

• I am having a u/c because I am confident in my bodies ability to give birth. Birth is normal and doesn't need to be monitored or in a hospital setting to happen and be healthy. I am so excited for my u/c.. :) I am doing shadow care with an OB though to monitor the pregnancy because of my severe vaginal bleeding early on so I can make sure the placenta moved (which it did) and to monitor my bp.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• UC- I had one because I believe that birth is normal.
    As for the UP - I didn't need to visit a doctor every month to know that I was feeling just fine.. I'm capable of making that diagnosis myself.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:00 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• So in a UP you receive no prenatal care,no tests or anything?
    Do you just take a pregnancy test to see if you are than wait it out?
    You just wait for your labor and due date to begin and if you have a UC you do that with someone not medical or alone?
    Please fill me in more on this,i have never heard about Up but a little about Uc.
    Thank you..
    Anonymous

• If you have a UP than what happens if you have concerns who do you see or do,since you have no prenatal care records would that not be looked at as being not responsible to someone?
    I'm pregnant and would love the very natural way of things but fear that some may frown on it due to our conservative area if i ended up needing help later on.
    Anonymous

• UP can mean that mom does her own checking-- or has the dad/friend/mom/sister do it. This UPer might have some access to ordering tests...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Why would you care what others think of you? It is your body and your baby. I will UP and UC with my next baby. My sister will help me with anything that I can't do.
    Why would there be things that a uper would need to see a doctor about? Very little actually needs a doctor.
    Anonymous

• How is it irresponsible to take charge of your own body?
    UP and UCers get in touch with their body and their instincts.
    How does peeing in a cup and being weighed by a stranger tell you how you're feeling? Doctors talk to you for what? 5 minutes? And ask "how are you feeling?" You then reply "good. Really terrific, actually", and they say "great. See you next month!" The in-between conversation is just letting you know what tests they'll do next.. But if you feel fine, why would you want to be tested? That's a recipe for making you anxious and feel like something could be wrong.. That will raise your blood pressure.. Hmmmm.. How many women claim to have pre-E because of this??
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 11:38 PM on Jan. 26, 2009