Ron Paul Wins Minnesota Delegates by a LANDSLIDE.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/04/23/ron_paul_wins_minnesota_delegates_by_a_landslide.html

And there is more. Ron Paul wins Iowa 16 weeks later.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/30142

Louisiana too? Yes.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/30142

Oh happy day:) Are you surprised by this? I'm not. I'm expecting much more but don't expect to see this on TV. The Revolution will not be televised.

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 29, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Voting rights.

Paul has indicated that he did not object to the voting rights clauses, but rather to restrictions placed on property rights by the bill. He felt the federal interference mandated by the bill was costly and unjustified because the situation for minorities voting is much different than when the bill was passed 40 years ago. Many of Texas' Republican representatives voted against the bill, because they believe it specifically singles out some Southern states, including Texas, for federal Justice Department oversight that makes it difficult for localities to change the location of a polling place or other small acts without first receiving permission from the federal government. The bill also mandated bilingual voting ballots upon request, which Paul objected to on the grounds that one of the requirements of gaining United States citizenship is ability to read in English, (cont)
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• and that as it currently stands it often forces large expenditures to prepare materials that are in some cases never used.

So he did vote no, but he did so not on the principle of objecting voting rights.
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Whenever I read yahoo articles on Romney the comment section is filled with Ron Paul supporters.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I hope that answered some questions Brawnwyn, I'm not an expert for heaven's sake but this is my opinion, once you understand that small government= Freedom, you will understand his positions more clearly. This man has been a lifelong lover of America, and the Constitution, he understands the very real and present danger of people thinking they are a free people, while big government slowly but surely takes away every last right and line of defense. The fact that he is the only one courageously speaking out against the Patriot Act, NDAA, and CISPA should say a whole lot about him and what he wants for the American people.
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• There are 14 states that still have to hold their primaries, for a total of 770 delegates. Paul has to win from here on out; I don't know that he has the steam.
    by gdiamante

No he doesn't, he will have enough delegates to be on the ballot in Tampa, which will lead to a brokered convention, unless Romney does the smart thing and drops out. Nobody likes Rmoney.

And if you don't think Ron Paul has steam, when was the last time you saw 10 thousand people show up to see a politician speak, with people climbing trees to see over the fence because capacity was full? (Ron Paul, UCLA. YouTube it......)
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• meriana, I replied back to you as well on the other post:)
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• interesting...It seemed like all the media outlets were competing to be the first to call the results. I always found that odd they would do that with zero percent precincts reporting. CNN was the worst.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:10 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Yes, the media is trying really hard to pick your president. There is no such thing as media being used to present the truth anymore. Now it is being used as a tool for mass persuasion and mind control. Sounds extreme but it's no joke.
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• "gdiamante, Santorum and Gingrich are out."

I know... but the delegates were still counted toward them in the source I quoted... I don't know if/where they might be redistributed.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• "Paul opposes laws that require health insurance to cover pre-existing conditions. He argues that “once insurance companies are required by government to insure against preconditions, it's no longer insurance – it's a social welfare mandate and will result in bankrupting the insurance companies, or they will be bailed out by a government subsidy, further bankrupting the government. So far no one has mandated insurance companies sell fire insurance to a person whose house is on fire.”

Kinda makes sense to me."

One question: What happens to those people should they lose/change jobs and the coverage they did have?

Answer by gdiamante at 7:06 PM on Apr. 29, 2012