How were you diagnosed with Fibromyalgia?

I think I may have it, but my doctor is leaning towards anxiety. My PT he sent me to thinks I do too (have fibro). My previous doctor and I were starting to talk about it when she had to move back to England. I want to press the issue some. I sound just like it for the most part. I just want to stop hurting or at least find out why so it is easier to deal with.

mom2boys9802

Asked by mom2boys9802 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Health

• I got diagnosed with it when i was around 15 cause i was always in pain especially in certain spots and my doc tested those spots by pressing on them and some other stuff (sorry cant remember was 11 yrs ago). I just hate the fact that someone who is trying to touch you lovingly/gentle makes me burst into tears..If you do your research and still think you have it then ask for a second opinion or if your insurance allows it just make an appointment with a different doc...It's your health that matters so dont feel like you are being rude or something liek that by getting a second opnion..good luck
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 9:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• just saw this as well and lists anxiety as a symptom of fibromyalgia. so maybe your doc is partly there.
    http://health.yahoo.com/pain-symptoms/fibromyalgia-symptoms/healthwise--hw196401.html
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 9:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I have Lupus , Fibro, and Rhuematoid Arthiritis. It took 6 years to finally put a name on my condition. Its very depressing and even with the name on it it is hard to deal with. It took me 4 specialist later to get on track. They general do touch testing in several different areas of the body. your best bet is a second opinion. The new drug out for Fibro(Lyrica), didnt work for me and they put me on Neurontin and it seemed to ease it some, but I find that if you keep active it helps. Fibro will also cause Insomnia. I may sleep 2-3 hours and that is all due to the pain, even though I am on meds for cronic pain. Good luck and if there is anything you need to ask dont hesitate. I would also suggest looking up Fibro on the mayo clinic web site for info. Its a good resource.
    shortcake23336

Answer by shortcake23336 at 5:35 AM on Jul. 22, 2008