Mylicon drops at three days old??

I didn't ask my Dr before i left the hospital and now I regret it. So are they safe? Whats your experience with them?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to use them all the time when my DS was first born. Such a gassy boy. ped said it was fine. I think they work to an extent. Depending upon how bad the gas is. But I could tell there was some relief with it.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 10:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i didn't have to start giving them to my son until he was a month old and they ere a life saver.
    holpar

Answer by holpar at 10:10 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You should be feeding your baby on demand & their system will be fine. Why would a 3 day old have gas issues?
    Anonymous

• Yes they are really safe. I would think even three days would be okay for that.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I am not sure what the age is on the drops. But I used this stuff called gripe water that you can get at health food stores or like walgreens and it is all natural. It worked wonders for my son.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• YES THEY ARE SAFE..... DEPENDING ON HOW OLD YOUR BABY IS..... JUST GIVE THEM A SMALL DOSE.... LIKE I THINK THE LOWEST IS 0.4 ( I THINK) JUST GIVE THEM LESS THEN THAT AND IT WILL BE FINE.......I HAD TO DO THAT ALOT WITH MY FIRST CHILD..... BUT YES THEY ARE SAFE TO GIVE.....
    ashley205

Answer by ashley205 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i started using the gripe water instead.. its really similar stuff, the gripe water is a little more gentle on the system, and i found it worked better anyways... we started him on it around 1-2 weeks, and it really helped him and us of course... we loved it, i haven't used anything else since....
    give it a try... good luck!!
    sweetmama8

Answer by sweetmama8 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I've used them since my daughter was about four days old. She's a month old now and you can really tell a difference when she's not had them for a few days...it gets really bad O.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:19 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My son was a preemie and when he came home his tummy took some time to adjust so we used Mylicon, ALOT. He was only about 5 pounds then so your little one should be okay
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• give them too him..my little aiden from the day he came home had such bad gas b/c he was not burping after breast feeding but swallowing the air and it had to come out as gas..so late at night he would grunt and pant and fuss till it came out..it sounded like a little old man farting away..finallly we got gas drops to help him out. thankfully he has figured out how to do it on his own.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009