Where can I go to get 2 free car seats in San Jose, CA? My husband's daughter just moved with us and does not have any car seats - she has a 2 and 3 year old girls.

Need help finding 2 carseats for my stepdaughter's children. I believe there is a place where you can get donated carseats. If anyone out there can help us, we really appreciate it. We live in San Jose, CA.

Asked by lbryand at 5:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• call arround to police stations and see if there is a chrisis nursery arround - if they dont have them they will know where to

Answer by vakatia at 5:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Our state police provides temporary car seats. Check out the salvation army and other local charities. Any mothers clubs also may have one or know of resources.

Answer by manna1qd at 6:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• check with the state police, fire depts, and health depts...all of them have free booster seats here

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• try
    if there is one in your area and post a "wanted" ad!
    good luck, I have given away many thing and rec'd many- a crib, a glider rocker, toys for the kids, etc

Answer by 2coolmama at 2:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2008