What do you do when you have a lot to say, and no one to say it to?

i gave up trying to talk to my sisters about how i feel on many family issues, as they have their own agendas and are only concerned with their own families..until the shit hits the fan, of course.
so i don't feel i can bring anything to their attention that bothers me.
i haven't felt close to either of them for years..a natural falling away? idk..lives changes, things happen, people get married and have kids and you just aren't physically closer anymore...and the emotional closeness is gone, too.
:(

eh, idk what i'm looking for here..any thoughts are welcomed. i'm going to bed, and i'll read this in the morning. g'nite, ladies.

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 9:52 PM on Apr. 29, 2012 in Relationships

• hugs momma, I dont have the answers- I do journal A LOT but I too long for that connection once shared with my sister and the ability to lean on her when I need too.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Write it up and burn it.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I journal. I write everything I am thinking and feeling about a situation down. It helps get it all out when you can't talk to anyone else about it. Drifting away from family sucks. I don't have any advice about remedying that though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Typically over talk to someone I hardly know. Otherwise, probably nothing I should be doing (like journaling, etc.)

I mostly just resign myself to the fact that it's just me. CM is awesome and I love my friends here a lot but it's not the same as having someone you could have coffee with, or go have lunch with.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 10:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I was going to say the same as FFA. I have the same exact issue. It's heartbreaking. I feel that if they don't want to listen, they just want to talk over you to tell you about their day instead of listening about yours, that it isn't worth wasting your time to try to pursue a relationship. It's bullshit. They are supposed to be there to enjoy your life with you, but instead they decide to be selfish and only think about themselves & not how their sister is doing. They can shove it where the sun don't shine. Meh!
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Most of the time I will just write it down or I will come on here CM and write it down depending on what the problem is.
    christi34

Answer by christi34 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Either journal or come here.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:18 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I tell you ladies..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 11:35 PM on Apr. 29, 2012