This author asks:

Is Religion Bad for Women?

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 10:04 PM on Apr. 29, 2012 in Religious Debate

• Gonna go out on a limb and say 'yes'. I don't even have to read the damn article.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:05 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I don't know about other religions. Mine is VERY good to us women. We're in charge!

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I don't know as I would go that far. I did read the article and yes, this WAS the way it used to be. You'll find now more women taking on roles within the church that "used" to be a mans role.

I do agree that when I was younger and attended church it was a male world, as well as my home life.
    Isn't it great that the roles of women are changing!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I will say that I think that my religion i good for women.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• LEt's see....religion is usually about controlling women and their rights...so I would say that's a hell no. Religion was INVENTED so that men can KEEP controlling women for as long as there is a "word of god" or "abbah" or whoever saying they have the right to control their women. Ladies, I think it's time we start our own religion. Men shall treat women like Goddesses and if any do not, will be flogged and humiliated.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:25 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I mean YES it's bad for women. I couldn't remember if it asked if it was bad or good for women. HELL NO it's not good for women. HELL YES it's bad for women.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:26 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• For me it's been very good. It's a loving supportive network of both men and women coming together to help each other and the community in various ways. That's been by experience.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:19 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Yep.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Islam has granted great respect for women.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 9:54 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I'm guessing that if I wanted to be exactly like a man, I'd think unfair.
    I know that women, pretty much control my parish. From religious education to finance committee to Liturgy. Locally they run the show. The Catholic church is a completely different set up than most churches. It's Catholic, which means universal. Every church has the same mass every day. Same readings, same gospel, same Eucharist.
    Lay people run the day to day operations and fiance, while giving final decisions to the priest. Who, in what I've experienced, trusts his flock and their various gifts.
    Women cannot be Pope or Cardinal or Priest or Brother. If you don't like that aspect, you are free to join a denomination that welcomes women. In the process you loose the richness and complexity and truth of the Catholic church. So, we decide if it's about us, or about God.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:24 AM on Apr. 30, 2012