Anyone have Bacterial vaginitis within the first trimester??

what symptoms did you have and was everything fine with baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• whole pregnancy... everything is fine
    Anonymous

• yes. i did with my last pregnancy. symptoms were itching, extra discharge and weird odor. You can get a vaginal swab from your doctor :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:34 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Women with BV may have an abnormal vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor. Some women report a strong fish-like odor, especially after intercourse. Discharge, if present, is usually white or gray; it can be thin. Women with BV may also have burning during urination or itching around the outside of the vagina, or both. However, most women with BV report no signs or symptoms at all.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yes i did in the first trimester. i had itching, discharge, and nasty odor. but they gave me antibiotics for it and it went away.
    Anonymous

• oh yeah i forgot to add...everything was fine with the baby...at first i didnt have any symptoms at all until i did the urine sample that they get at each visit and thats how the ob/gyn knew
    Anonymous

• i just got over it..im in my 3rd trimester..i was just extra wet, like so bad i had to change panty liners like 4 times a day and i Wreaked..and my panty liners had this weird beige color to them from the discharge. those were my only signs..be careful of the med they give you to put inside you, it could possibly give you a yeast infection.. that's what happened to me.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:05 PM on Jan. 26, 2009