Is it childish or inappropraite to get a flower / design painted on nails?

I will be 35 in a couple weeks and I get my nails and toes done all the time and I never get designs on them. I have just never cared to. I took my daughter yesturday and of course she wanted a flower and I lwt her and she told me I should get one, so I did. I got my toe nails painted pink and a while flower on the big toes. I dont think I would ever get one on my finger nails. I like them to be a pretty pink or french manicure. At the funeral home tonight, my cousin asked me where I got it done because she liked it. Well my sister in law says "how old are you"? I am sure she was kidding because we always pick but then I thought maybe I am too old for this. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Apr. 29, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• If you like it and think it's fun, then go for it! I don't think I would myself mostly because I like a simpler look and my nails are short so there isn't a lot of room on them anyway, but there are some cute designs on pinterest I like and have thought about trying. "How old are you" is kind of rude.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:58 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I've seen older women wearing designs. If you like it, enjoy it. To hell with anyone else's opinion.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I see women of all ages with flowers and other designs on their nails. I am not a girly girl and never did my nails, but my 5 year old is and we have a girls night once a week and we do our nails together. I got these cool stickers for them and some are flowers etc. I have never had anyone tell me I was acting childish or anything like that when they see them.
    Anonymous

• Your SIL is a rude itch-bey. Flowers are adorable! Eho cares what she says. Get them if you like the look. I think I'll get one or two on my big toenails next time I get a pedi.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I know several women of all ages who get designs done. I didn't know there was an age limit!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• No absolutely not flowers are for all girls.
    xHeiligx

Answer by xHeiligx at 11:19 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Does the design(s) make you happy? Then do it unless there is a reason not to , such as work say fungernails must be clean with no polish for instance.
    It does not matter what any one else thinks, although I take my DH's feelings in to consideration.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• Your SIL may think you are too old, but seriously...if you like it, do it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:31 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• I have a friend pushing 50 with a tattoo of a penis on the back of her neck. Your flower toe is acceptable.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:49 PM on Apr. 29, 2012

• "I have a friend pushing 50 with a tattoo of a penis on the back of her neck. Your flower toe is acceptable."

Wow.

Nothing wrong with the flowers. Your SIL needs to blow it out her bum.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 11:56 PM on Apr. 29, 2012