Big Boy!!!

My 7 week old baby is wearing 3 month size clothes, its not just the head hole being to small but the whole length is too small. How normal is that? ans how long do they normally sleep for? Is it like 18-20 hours still?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There isn't really a "normal" when it comes to that stuff. My son is very big for his age, always has been (both tall and weight-wise) and wore newborn clothes for a few weeks and still wears some 0-3 month stuff at 5 months. Babies are a lot like you and I, they carry their weight differently and size 6 doesn't mean the same thing with every brand, you know?

As for the sleeping, that varies as well, and typically changes when they experience growth spurts, teeth, and discover how cool it is to be awake.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my son is 10 weeks and in a 12 months cause smaller clothes r to short and fat for him and he sleeps 13 hrs at night every 4 during the day for 2 hrs
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Don't worry about it my Aiden started wearing 3 month old clouths at 7 weeks as well. he is only 2 months old but is the size of a 4 month old.there just big babies thats all.as for the sleep thing it alldepnds on the baby.some days aiden would sleep/will sleep all day long and all night and only wake up to eat. other days he will stay up all day and barly sleep at all. just depends on there mood
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 12:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My little boy was the same way and still is. He's almost 1 and is wearing 24mo or 2T. Sounds like your little one is just healthy. And as for the sleeping Some days babys need more sleep. I know when my son is going through a growth spurt he sleeps all night plus takes two 2 hour naps a day. 

adg0114

Answer by adg0114 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009