• In the Spotlight:

what is the best potty training trick for a 2 year old girl

i am trying to potty train my 2 year old girl i think she is scared but she imitates me and her brother and sometimes ask to go to the potty but when you get her in their and sit her down she screams. please help me

jencaycol

Asked by jencaycol at 10:36 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I asked my daughter to pick out the prettiest big girl panties she could find. She did (disney princesses) then I asked her to mark a date on the calandar as to when she wanted to wear them. She did. Then on that day frist thing in the morning we got up, took off the diaper, sat on the potty, then put on her panties with the diaper over it. She had an accident and said she didn't like how it felt and didn't want cinderella dirty, so I said next time go in the potty and then she won't be. We never again had an accident. I did that with two girls and it worked for us. My doctor told me that pull ups are a waste because thye don't feel the wetness, so he suggessted that I make her feel the wetness and boy did she. Best part for me is when she had an accident, there was not mess to clean up just panties in the wash. Good luck. I hope you find a "trick" that works for you.
    Boofer

Answer by Boofer at 10:41 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• My daughter screamed the frist time i put her on the potty and i just gave her somthing she likes to play with like coloring books and she got use too. Now when she goes potty i let her pick out a sticker from a sticker sheet i got her and she gets to stick on a piece of paper i have hanging on the fridge(she loves stickers)
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 10:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• the underwear idea works too like boofer said. Ever since i put my daughter in undwear and she also picked out the princess ones but she goes potty cause she dosent like the fealing. But if i put a pullup on her she always goes potty in those but now underwear.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 10:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Are you trying to get her to use the big potty or a little potty? Whichever it is, try the other.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• funny thought...when I thought of the little potty... my girls only used the big one. My oldest girl said, mommy that little potty is a toy and we don't pee on toys. She would put a doll on it when she went on the big one.
    Boofer

Answer by Boofer at 10:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009