help from him

i take care of the baby all day and dont wake him unless it is necissary on weeknights cuz he has to get up early for work.... but on the weekend i would like sleep to... how do i tell him i need more help

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 10:39 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just need to tell him, look hun i know you do your share during the week and i appreciate it but i would really like it if maybe we could switch weekends to get up with the baby because i am dying to get some ZZZZZZZ :-D or maybe you could figure out something else that would work for the both of you
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• You just have to force him to get up sometimes. I'm dealing with the exact same thing with my boyfriend. He works long hours, second shift. He goes to work at 2PM and doesn't come home until about 11:30PM. It SUCKS. But sometimes you just gotta ask for help. Some guys think you don't need any unless you physically ask for it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• my daughter is a 15 months old and she still wakes up once a night cuz she has trouble breathing at night and it sucks to have to get up with her and not get much sleep and i have asked my hubby for help and still wont do it he says he sleeps to deep and dont hear her but thats a bunch of BS lol but yeah u just gotta put it out there and say i need help on the weekends and it would be nice if u could help at least one night one the weekend.
    Anonymous

• good luck my husband has never got up with the baby once. he works and i take care of the baby and that will never change
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• uhh, yeah..my husband doesnt seem to understand that concept...i was the same way when he did work and he still would Make me get up on the weekends. he just doesnt understand..(asshole) and he is Still the same way now that he is unemployed...and instead of me getting up w one kid, i now have a 3yr old a 2 yr old and im 7 months preggo w our 3rd..he'll never ease up on that..he just fights me and says im looking for excuses to sleep.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• We switch off. He sleeps in one day, I sleep in the other. That way we both get to sleep in.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2009