Should I buy this class picture?

My son, who is in kindergarten, brought home his class picture last week. I always buy the class picture each year for all of my kids as keepsakes but this year I don't want to buy it. Why? Because his teacher is not in the picture.

She had a baby about a month ago and I guess she was on maternity leave on picture day so she is not in the picture. They had a substitute the time she was gone and I wonder why they didn't have her stand in. Or even the co teacher of the class.

The picture just looks, unfinished. Also, the kids don't look arranged well. Some are fidgeting with their clothes, looking around, etc. I guess that's the best they can do trying to take a picture of 17 kindergarteners.

My older daughter attended that same school for 4th and 5th grades last year and the year before and each of her class pictures included the teacher. I want to buy it, because it will be his only kindergarten class picture, but I won't be happy about it.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 7:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2012 in Shopping

• buy it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:58 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• you need to buy it, its his class- you can take a picture of his teacher later and put it beside it.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 8:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Yep Id buy it. It isnt about the teacher it is about the class and kids you child was in school with.

Answer by gemgem at 8:00 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I buy them. It's a memory, a keepsake, for the child.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:05 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Yes buy it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:15 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I would buy it. I do the same. I buy each class pic as keepsakes.. I don't buy her actual pictures though what I do is wait until they do spring pics and when they send them home for you to look at I scan them its free lol. My oldest her school is weird because most schools take the pics that they had taken on picture day and put in the yearbooks. Well her school doesn't do that they take a pic on a diffrent day of the whole class. Well when they did this for kindergarden she missed that day (she was sick) they don't tell you when they are doing them so therefore I didn't know she wasn't going to be in the year book so I paid for it and got it and she wasn't in it. At first I was upset and said if I new she wasn't in it I would have not bought it, but now I think even though she isn't in it she would still like to see who was in her school.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I would buy it.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 8:52 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I am one of those that would only buy the individual pics. I don't have any class pics from any grade unless they are in my HS yearbooks.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:21 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• buy it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I would not. I would wait until the end of the year party and take one myself. That is what I do every year with DD and will do with DS as well. My pictures are free. :D
    NotTooWorried

Answer by NotTooWorried at 9:46 AM on Apr. 30, 2012