i had no clue and now she is mad (kinda long and probley has misspellings srry just not that good)

ok so iv been talking to this guy i met at college about a year ago
him and i hit it off and we have been getting closer everyday
well my best friend i guess knows him to and has a major crush on him (he had no clue her and i were friends)
she found out him and i are probley gonna date (we are building a friendship first)
and she flipped out on me saying i knew she liked him and everything but i did not even know they were friends
now she wont talk to me and he told me not to worrie cuz that means she is not a true friend if she is gonna let a guy get in the way
but i still feel bad about it
should i be mad at him for saying that to me or should i do wut he says and ignor her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd kick her to the curb. He's right. She's wrong. Especially when you really DIDN'T know.
    Just ignore her.
    The REAL reason she is mad is because she is jealous.
    Now, IF she told you she liked him before then you'd be in the wrong.
    Anonymous

• I think that she is wrong in acting that way. However, I also think you have to weigh your options and consequences of each. Good luck!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Anytime any friend reacts like that she isn't your friend. A true friend would be happy that you were talking to someone you liked and not blew up like a ten yr old! IF she had liked him and didn't make a move or he didn't either then nothing was going to go down for her anyway. You make yourself happy, and if this guy is good 2 you then you have gained a bf and lost a loser friend! Just call her if she won't talk to you like you are her friend tell her you are sorry she feels that way but his choice was you and if she is your friend she would support you not try to bring you down!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:01 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• let her work through what needs to be worked through. He made his choice. She has to deal with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i some what disagree with the rest.although i'm not quite clear of the story.

i think if you knew she liked him that you shouldn't of gone there until after she realized that he didn't have any feelings for her and she was faced with it. therefore when you and he hooked up she knew where she stood and you had the right to start seeing him liked you wanted. maybe i would of asked her first.

i think you were not being a very sensitive friend. i think he needs to go talk with her and tell her how he feels about you and that he never intended to get in the way of your guys friendship and hopes that she can accept that he is going to date you.

if my friend did that to me i would be very upset and of course i would feel she was wrong. would you want her to treat you the way you did her. guys say it best, bro's before hoes. right? well it should be true for girls too. girls friends before boyfriends.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:59 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• If you did not know that she had a thing for him then you are not wrong at all. You cannot be expected to be a mind reader. It sounds as if your friend has let the green eyed monster get a hold of her and she is not being a very good friend. You should let her work through her feelings and see if she comes around. If she doesn't then she wasn't a true friend to begin with.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• depends where do you see your relationship in a year or five years or ten years, at some point we grow up and decide what important to us our friends or our future family? idealy you can have both and sometimes you can but sometimes you cant. if you dont see a future with this guy then go with the friend maybe its not her letting the guy come between you guys maybe you are
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 2:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• In cases like this one, the high schoolers have it over on us....at least it was like that with my friends back in the day. We would all like a guy ( or 2...lol) and all want to date them. Whoever the guy happened to like, thats who dated him. If he dated one of us, then the other girls wouldn't date him after the fact (unless the friend broke up with him). So it was a SCORE for the girls if we got to date a guy we all were crushing on and no hard feelings...the way it should be.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 27, 2009