• In the Spotlight:

how do you know when your preschooler is ready for well...preschool?

my Riley is turning 3 in march. how do i know when its time to put her in preschool?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:47 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughters begging me every day to go to school..that's how I know my 3 yr old is ready.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 1:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Right about now is a good time to think about transitioning to preschool. They moved my twins up from the toddler rooms to preschool during the two months before their 3rd b'day.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• The preschool my daughter went to required potty training...I will be putting my son in that class as soon as he turns 3 :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I put my daughter in preschool a month ago.. she'll be 3 1/2 next month. It seemed like she needed some socialization, thats when I put her in.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my daughter started at 3yrs as well. it was every tuesday and thursday from 9-1130..she LOVED it!! and now this year she goes every mon, wed and fri. just registered her for Kindergarten!! so sad!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It depends on the preschool...if they require the student to be potty trained, then there's one answer.

Our situation is a little different. Our boys have challenges and it's been recommended to us by their therapists to have them go for the added social stimulation and also because they have such a strong desire for learning...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I stuck my oldest son in preschool right when he turned 3...so he was there for 2 years. When the second year rolled around he started getting bored because he already learned what they were teaching (curriculum doesn't change from year to year). I would wait until the kids were 4 personally.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I decided to enroll my daugther in pre school but in my case She is going to be 4 when she starts She is my only child and where I live there are no children what so ever so for me its great to have her enroll at preshool so sociolize with other children and learn.Im preparing her slowly with small transitions.One is to potty train the other we redecorated her BIG girlroom and I often go to the diferrent school to get inform about the curriculum (wich I go with my baby girl) and at the end the school she is going to attend has a summer camp for new kids wich is great the children that are going to the summer camp are the same children that are going to be her classmate as well as the teacher.My advise is get informed visit the schools round your area and just go crazy asking all types of question (potty training requirement to health and food ) just keep me posted on what you decided and have fun whike doing it.
    YummyMommy2005

Answer by YummyMommy2005 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2009