Tablets?

We are looking at getting the kids, 10 and 11, a tablet each. We have decided to go with an android based tablet. We have already ruled out kindle fire or nook tablet/color because we have both kindle and nook books and want the kids to have access to both. We also want them to have access to our family calendar (which is on google calendar) and having and android based tablet will suit those needs the best. We want to be able to have an sd card slot for more storage space so that rules out the iPad. -- thus another reason we have decided to go with android based.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for an android tablet with sd card slot? Do you have such a tablet? Do you like it? Pros? Cons? I've been reading up on some reviews and just looking for more input, reviews, suggestions.

I know several of you will have strong opinions over the fact if I should even give my 10 and 11 year olds an tablet and frankly I don't want to hear those opinions. My husband and I are quite capable of deciding what is or isn't appropriate for our children. I don't need that from any of you.

I just need input, reviews, and suggestions for tablets that would fit what we are looking for: android based and SD card slot. We do NOT want a nook color/table, kindle fire, or iPad.

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 30, 2012 in Technology

• This is where I went when trying to decide between the Kindle Fire and a tablet (went with the Fire) ...

Best Buy Android based Tablets

Not really sure if that will help or not ... good luck!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:31 AM on Apr. 30, 2012