does nipple stimation work

does nipple stimation really work to induce labor( sorry about the spelling). and if it does work. whats the best way to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• some times yes, sometimes no. the dr. told me to try it..have your man play and tug on them..im sure he doesnt want to suck on them since colostrum is coming out. just have him go nuts!lol..GL but if your body isn't ready, thats not gonna work.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:56 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Nipple Stimulation is when the breast are being stimulated through pumping or suckling. Your man playing with them will do nothing because that's not what releases the hormone.

It does work but should not be done without the supervision of a midwife. It should also only be done if you are over 42 weeks and at risk for induction. It can cause long, strong and harsh contraction as well as contractions that come to close together.

Your baby isn't here yet for a reason. Let him come on his own time!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• It only works if you are ready to go into labor. I have mine stimulated every day, several times a day by my nursing son and it only causes BH because my baby is not ready to be born.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2009