could this be contractions?

I'm 40 weeks and I'm having some cramps like period cramps while my stomach gets hard. Could this be a contraction or could it just be braxton-hicks with some cramping? They haven't been getting worse and aren't consistent (yet) but I don't know if I should be keeping track because they aren't all over my stomach, just in my pelvic region.

tegansnowflake

Asked by tegansnowflake at 10:58 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like it. mine were sporatic at 40weeks. i delivered only 2days early. I never had them in my back or anywhere else, only stomach. Have you lost your plug or broken your water. Keep track and call your doctor!!!
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• it sounds like it to me ... i ha contractions and was ready to deliver before my water broke they had to do it i only had stotmach labor also and the timing isint everything if you start to have trouble breathing and or bleeding go in and the bleeding isnt bad it just means your ready to have the baby
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 11:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• yes, definitely sounds like actual contractions. it can be irregular at first and then get closer together.
    you'll be having your baby very soon! yay, congrats!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• yeah i've lost my mucous plug i think (it wasnt tinged brown or pink like most people's) but i've been having these for a few days but nothing consistent yet.
    tegansnowflake

Answer by tegansnowflake at 12:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• if ur stomach gets hard that does sound like contractions. u dont have to write them down or anything but just keep ur eye on the clock a little and see if they get closer together or anything. and of course go to the hospital the second ur water breaks but it doesnt always..
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009