What are some ways i can discipline my 15 month old? She pinches and bites and hits when she is mad.

ReneeHicks

Asked by ReneeHicks at 10:36 AM on Apr. 30, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Gently but firmly tell her No, then put her down or move away.
    Try to determine what is causing her to act out and try to either avoid or at least prepare for an incident.
    Be consistent. Don't ever ignore the behavior. Every time she hits or bites do the same thing.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:45 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• feralxat said it all and said it well.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:17 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• When my kids were that age I'd tell them No hit/kick/bite/etc., place them on the floor and walk away. If they weren't in my lap then I'd just get up off the floor and walk away.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:20 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• What the others have said, and remember, STAY CALM! If you show frustration or anger she will pick up on it and act out in the same ways.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 11:38 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I have actually bite, and pinched back. It worked well and quickly. We haven't had any issues since then. It worked well with one bite and one pinch each time from Mommy and Daddy. I know some will think this is abuse but this is what worked for us.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:43 PM on Apr. 30, 2012