Religious Apartheid?

She makes a good argument.

I tried to copy her article to post here, but I can't.  You'll have to click on the link to read it.  Sorry.

jsbenkert

Asked by jsbenkert at 10:37 AM on Apr. 30, 2012 in Religious Debate

• From what I see, it's a self imposed Apartheid. I think the language of non believes is inflammatory (deliberately so) and antagonistic. As the writer's article clearly illustrates.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:40 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I didn't self-impose the bible-based bills that are being proposed and passed. We have a strange trend going on in our government that is leaning toward religiously based laws. It's clear from the surge of moral legislation that's being proposed in practically every state in this country. She, at least, offers a solution - for people to use their right to vote to change the direction of what she considers religious apartheid. I can't argue that.

jsbenkert

Comment by jsbenkert (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• How do you know if they are bible-based have you read the bills yourself and have your read the Bible to see that both the bill and the bible coincide together.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• No, the trend is not leaning that way. Not Federally.
    No one is debating her right to vote anyway she chooses. But here perception of what is happening isn't necessarily what is really happening
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 11:10 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• " She, at least, offers a solution - for people to use their right to vote to change the direction of what she considers religious apartheid. I can't argue that."

Sure, but then you would also have to respect those that use their moral values (even those based on religion) to vote to have those values condoned by the state.
    Can't argue with that

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Interesting answer Sharon.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:17 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• We've always had whackadoo proposed laws. I don't think the amount has increased as much as the coverage of the proposed laws has. This is a culture of shock and awe, propagandized drama. Over 10,000 bills are proposed Federally each year. A good portion are extremist whackadoo special interest bills.
    Alarmists abound on all sides
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Alarmists abound on all sides

So you'll be voting no on the Colorado marriage amendment?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2012