Kabbalah

Anyone here practice Kabbalah?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not but, man, it's fascinating.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 12:25 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• It is! I don't know a whole lot about it but what little I do know is very intriguing.
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Personally, I prefer the more practical side of Judaism. Kabbalah is too mystical to really be something I would like to live by. Our former rabbi was very into Kabbalah, even gave some classes here before moving to South Africa. The knowledge kabbalistic can achieve is very profound and very interesting.
    I do think, though, that Kabbalah in itself without the context of the OT as it was meant to be (or "Madonna's Kabbalah") is really just like trying to understand astrophysics without learning math first. It's taking something extremely complex and profound and dumbing it down so that it can be popular enough to be profitable.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I am just getting into it, but I have a friend who is very knowledgeable and studies Kabbalah daily. Can't say that I necessarily believe all of it, but it has some very vaild points and positive attributes.
    macbudsmom

Answer by macbudsmom at 3:48 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Per Sharon's comment -- Yes be careful about how you learn Kabbalah, etc... A true Kabbalahist is not in it for money or fame or cause it's the cool thing to do, but is in it to correct their soul and share their light with others.
    macbudsmom

Answer by macbudsmom at 3:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Nope, but I would love to know more about it.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 6:27 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• "It's taking something extremely complex and profound and dumbing it down so that it can be popular enough to be profitable. "

This is a really good point
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 6:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I don't really even know what it is.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I've been reading about it for a while. I find it rather fascinating. It's one of the things I've been drawn to.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:20 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• Sharon, I think there are many that do not understand the complexities. It is taking me longer to read about and try to learn because of the math. I have to read and then re-read things several times and math used to come very easy to me.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:19 PM on May. 1, 2012